Tuesday, December 14, 2010

February 18th, 2010

Yep, February 18th, 2010 – that is the last time a posted a blog.
A few days ago, I was looking at all of my stuff, my work archives, my photo archives, my blog files, my website – and then I clicked on this little button that says “stats”. Wow – people actually read this stuff. People actually look at my website. However, I did also notice a decline in how many people were looking at my various online works. I decided to take a look at the last time I posted anything – the date: 2-18-2010.
Unacceptable.
Therefore, I have decided to take up blogging again, and make sure I post more work as it is completed. All that being said, however, I cannot take all of the blame for my lack of blogging. This year has been filled with many ups and downs. For a while, I didn’t think my little company was going to survive. Work dried up for a long time as the Great Recession has continued to march on (the folks on Wall Street who say the recession is over clearly have no concept of the real world, and that is all I will say on that subject).
Personally, life got a bit stressful. The apartment I was living in with my wife was just way too small, and the rent was going up. My wife’s employment status was hanging by a thread a couple of times during the beginning of the year. However, through the grace of God, work trickled in when we needed it from my oldest clients. Then, the biggest change of our lives came around – my wife and I bought a house, our very first house. The mortgage is far less then our old rent, and it is a much bigger and more appropriate space for a new family starting out. For almost 6 months out of 2010, we shopped for a house, bought the house, renovated and then moved in to said house. This was one of the major reasons for my non blogging status, lately.
Since moving into my new home, I have tried to keep Lone Wolf Drafting and Design alive with success. I have updated my website for the first time in 8 or 9 months. In the coming weeks and months, I will post new projects on this blog and give you, the reader the “behind the scenes” explanation of how they came about. I will also be picking up older projects that just seemed to “fizzle” – the Classic Industrial Loft comes to mind right away. There are also upcoming projects (both personal and professional) that are currently on the digital drawing board, and I will begin posting those as well.
For those of you that have kept this blog on your RSS feeds through this time of inactivity, I thank you for your patience. For those of you who may have strayed away, I don’t blame you, but now is the time to come back.

Here is a sneak preview of what’s to come:

On behalf of Lone Wolf Drafting and Design, we wish all a happy and safe holiday season, and a prosperous new year!

1 comment:

roger L said...

like the work so far, the house reminds of somewhere in south carolina....good stuff.....