Friday, August 7, 2009

The Industrial Loft Experiment

I have decided to create a fairly ambitious project called the Industrial Loft. This project is purely promotional, and will take months to complete, if not longer. The design of this space is centered around an old factory building, and how it may be retrofitted for urban living. The loft will sit on the 8th floor of a medium sized building in a semi industrial area. The building is in the style of a factory or mill constructed sometime in the 1920’s. The loft will include a living room, wet bar, kitchen, dining room, indoor pool, library, master suite, 2 small bedrooms, clock tower, extensive outdoor spaces and a work space in the actual loft area. The final images will include everything mentioned before, as well as views of the entire exterior of the building as well as some views of the surrounding environment. I will be designing all of the spaces in this project, as well as creating all of the modeling and the final rendered images. I find that working on such a project brings me a sense of peace and relaxation, as I can focus in on this little world as I create it, and forget about the troubles in the real world.
However, I have decided to do something a little different this time. As various parts of this project are completed, I will post images of the progress of the design. Early images will be strictly black and white screen shots of the raw model. After the loft has been designed, I will concentrate on surface and texture assignment, and then final color and texture schemes. After that, everything goes into post-production where I add little details to punch up the images. I think this could be an interesting chronology of the development of this project, and will give anyone interested a chance to see how a project such as this progresses over time. I hope people will comment, and share their thoughts and ideas as this project takes shape. Please remember to come by often, as updates will be fairly regular.
-Sean
PS – I have already done some developing on this project, so the next post will be a sort of “catch up” entry. After that, posts will most likely concentrate on one area of development as the project continues along.

No comments: