Friday, August 7, 2009

Industrial Loft Progress

I have the general layout of the entire apartment, including major structural elements and some architectural details. I can see already that this project will be huge as far as file size in concerned. Even my awesome Mac will have some trouble if I kept everything in one large file format. Therefore, multiple files must be created, and everything will be combined in the rendering stage. Files will be created based on the objects they contain i.e. all decorative moldings will be in one file, all doors will be in another, etc. The look of this building will be in a classic brick and concrete style, similar to old mill buildings constructed between 1900 and 1930. To that end, all of the details will be true to that era, including elaborate molding, antiques door fixtures, factory style windows, and things of the like. I have included the first images of this project below. Comments are always welcome.

No comments: