Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Industrial Loft Progress

Clock Tower
As with every old factory building, this one needed a clock tower. If you have been following along, you know that I am trying to make this project as accurate and realistic as possible. The clock tower is no exception. I created the exterior to match the rest of the building, with brick facades and ornate concrete moldings and trim. I also included access ladders and gearing details within the clock tower. This has been one of the more complex areas of the project, as there was a lot of detail to pack into such a small space. I think the end result will be worth the added effort.
Clock Tower: View 1

Clock Tower: View 2

Access Ladder and Floor Beams

Floor Access Panel

Clock Face

Gearing: View 1

Gearing; View 2

Freight Elevator
What loft would be complete without a classic freight elevator? Originally, I was going to create an elaborate, ornate passenger car when it dawned on me that such a design would not be a true fit for the building. Therefore, I created an authentic version of a classic loft lift, complete with lifting slatted doors and walls and an industrial lift lever for that added old world feeling.
Frieght Elevator

Control Lever

1 comment:

wintow said...

Thanks for sharing, it was interesting to see!